FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
The lab is located at Biocant, nearby Coimbra (Center of Portugal), in a new state-of-the-art research facility (see http://www.biocant.pt).
The lab is equipped with general chemical synthesis and characterization equipment, laminar flow hoods, CO2 incubators, phase inverted microscopes, spin coater, rotovap, and other chemistry and cell biology equipment.
Researchers have access to flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, scanning confocal microscopy, quantitative RT-PCR, electrophoresis apparatus, HPLC, freeze-dryer, NMR, and microbiology facilities.
HIGH-THROUGHPUT SCREENING FACILITY
Our group is responsible for the management of the HTSF.
HTSF will offer high-content and high-troughput screening services both at cellular level (based in microscopy) and gene level (based in PCR). Laser microdissection technique allows the isolation of uncontaminated samples (sample purification) and single cells for downstream applications. Furthermore, HTSF offers confocal microscopy services for target validation. Both the high-content imaging microscope and the confocal microscope have environmental control and allow the performance of long-term live cell experiments. HTSF will also offer training and technological innovation to the academic and industrial communities.
• Laser scanning confocal microscope (LSM 710, Zeiss)
• P.A.L.M. laser microdissection microscope (Zeiss)
• Automated widefield high-content imaging microscope (In Cell Analyzer 2200, GE Healthcare)
• High-throughput PCR for real-time PCR, end-point PCR and digital PCR, based in Integrated fluidic circuit technology (BioMark HD System, Fluidigm)
• Imaging analysis: In Cell Investigator (GE Healthcare), FIJI/ImageJ
Booking and Fees
Rules to access HTSF resources and Fees
- All users will have to book their session in an on-line calendar (Agendo) or with the technician, and they cannot exceed the booked time.
- Reservations can be cancelled until 24h before the booked time.
- Unused reservations will be fully charged.
- The sessions in the laser microdissection, In Cell Analyzer 2200 and Biomark HD will always be carried out by a HTSF technician.
- A HTSF technician will always monitor the first session of a new user in the confocal microscope LSM 710.
- Users data will be erased from the PCs every 2 weeks.
- Biomark HD equipment and InCell analyser can be utilized based upon a collaboration, for more information please contact the technician.
|CNC-IBILI||External Academic Units||Commercial Use|
|Confocal LSM 710||11.00||22.00||44.00|
|PALM Microdissection||No Fluorescence||0.75||1.50||3.00|
|In Cell Analyzer 2200||30.00||45.00||60.00|
|Biomark HD FluidIgm* **||6.40 per sample||9.60 per sample||12.80 per sample|
*The oligonucleotides to be analyzed and Gene Expression Array have to be acquired by the client;
** The cost per sample includes sample processing
For more information contact Susana Simões (email@example.com)
- Robert Langer (MIT, Boston, USA)
- Jeffrey Karp (Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA)
- Tariq Enver (University College of London, London, UK)
- Magdalena Gotz/Stefan Stricker (Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, Germany)
- Marc Peschanski/Xavier Nissan
- Anna Rosell
- Joaquim Cabral / Claudia Lobato (Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal)
- Paula Alves (ITQB)
- Perpétua do Ó/Diana Nascimento (I3S)
- Liliana Bernardino (UBI)
- Ana Luisa Carvalho (University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal)
- João Peça (University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal)
Biotech Companies Collaborators
Our list of internal seminars is quite extensive. Visit CNBC.pt for more information
Open positions in our group:
If you are interested in our research avenues please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org